The Back to Basics series provides children with the opportunity to practise and consolidate the skills needed to achieve ma stery over the Year 1 Comprehension strategies elaborated in the Austral ian Curriculum.
The 20 units in this book contain activities desi gned to review and practise essential Year 1 Comprehension and Vocabular y skills.
The 10 comprehension units feature:
- 5 fiction and 5 non-fiction text extracts written for the Yea r 1 reading age
- 10 questions for each extract requiring literal , interpretive and applied comprehension of the text (explanations for t hese
- terms are provided at the front of the book)
- 10 < strong>Top Tips to assist with answering the questions. ul>
The 10 vocabulary units feature:
- 5 units with activities using 100 high-frequency words relevant to Year 1 students
- 5 Quick Quizzes using vocabulary from the text extracts.
About the author: Vic toria Hazell is an experienced primary school teacher who has taught for over 20 years in Australia and the USA. She has written numerous educat ional books.
Professional and scholarly