‘THE ROYAL BOOK OF THE YEAR … You’ve read their side of the story, now read the real story’ Daily Mail
THIS CRISIS IS AS BIG AS THE ABDICATION – SAYS LACEY, HISTORICAL ADVISOR TO THE CROWN.
Sales & Marketing Points
Robert Lacey is a bestselling author and a consultant to Netflix's THE CROWN
Lacey is a respected historian
- Majesty, his pioneering biography of Queen Elizabeth II, is the definitive study of British monarchy - a subject on which Robert lectures around the world.
- He is a familiar face on British screens
Lacey's royal books have sold well in Australia
- Crown: the Inside History in 2 volumes has sold over 10k
Will be backed by media-driven campaign including:
- TV interviews on the Seven Network's Sunrise and The Morning Show
- Major extract on publication - likely to run across News Corp metro newspapers & online
- Coverage in major women's & entertainment magazines e.g. Australian Women's Weekly & WHO
- Features on key online news & lifestyle sites including The Daily Mail, news.com.au & the Nine Network's 9Honey
The BookThe world has watched Prince William and Prince Harry since they were born. Raised by Princess Diana to be the closest of brothers, how have the boy princes grown into very different, now distanced men?
From royal expert and bestselling author Robert Lacey, this book is an unparalleled insider account of tumult and secrecy revealing the untold details of William and Harry’s early closeness then estrangement. It asks what happens when two sons are raised for vastly different futures – one burdened with the responsibility of one day becoming king, the other with the knowledge that he will always remain spare.
How have William and Harry each formed their idea of a modern royal’s duty and how they should behave? Were the seeds of damage sowed as Prince Charles and Diana’s marriage painfully unraveled for all the world to see? In the previous generation, how have Prince Charles and Prince Andrew’s lives unfolded in the shadow of the Crown? What choices has Queen Elizabeth II made in marshalling her feuding heirs? What parts have Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle played in helping their husbands to choose their differing paths? And what is the real, unvarnished story behind Harry and Meghan’s dramatic departure?
In the most intimate vision yet of life behind closed doors, with the family’s highs, lows and hardest decisions all laid out, this is a journey into royal life as never offered before.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|Publication Date||Publication date|
|Format||16 Oct 2020|